Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was absolutely wonderful! I had such a great Mother's Day weekend. It started on Friday when Seth and I went to the temple together and then out to my Mother's Day dinner at the Olive Garden. It was such a nice night of spending time together. Then Saturday morning Seth and Ethan made me breakfast in bed. Then we spend the day helping out at my parents new house and then on our yard. On Sunday Ethan was so excited that it was Mother's day. Again, I got breakfast in bed before church. Then I got cards from Seth and Ethan, a new cabinet for all the DVDs, a flower arrangement, and earrings picked out just by Ethan.
This is why being a Mom is the best job in the world!
My new DVD cabinet and my flower arrangement are behind me. Seth stayed up until 2am putting it together for me and it looks perfect in my front room!

After church we went over to my moms for a great turkey dinner and to celebrate with my mom. I am so thankful for my mom and for the wonderful example, support, and mother that she is and always has been to me and my family! I am truly blessed because she is my mom. I have learned so much from her and my grandmother and I hope that I be just like them. Thank you Mom for everything!

And because the grandkids are sooooo spoiled they received late Easter baskets, even though it was mothers day.

The Cute Grandkids




Then it was my mom's turn to open presents. She got new cookie sheets, hot pads, dish rags, and a Family is Forever clock for her new house. Then the grandkids sang her mother day songs, and gave her a hand print bouquet.



This is an updated picture of the progress on their house!


It was a wonderful day and I am truly thankful and blessed to be a Mother and for the sweet and beautiful children that Heavenly Father has entrusted to me. And for a husband who made my weekend extra special and for all the help, support, and love that he shows me everyday!

No comments: