Tuesday, March 17, 2009

So I Can Always Remeber

I just wanted to post a few pictures and thoughts so that I will always have them to remember my sweet grandma, Hazel Dawn Evans. Grandma's funeral was on February 23, 2009. It was a nice funeral remembering who my grandma was and all she did for all of us around her. It is because of her that I want to be a better wife and mother. It is hard to realize that Grandma and Grandpa are no longer living in their house in Parowan, no longer driving up to Little Creek to check on things, and there will be no one to give us a hard time about not visiting. But they are with Heavenly Father with those that they love and that is good.

Seth and I went to the temple a few days after getting back from Parowan. I had a good experience there at the temple. I was wearing a ring that was my Grandma's , one I am sure she wore, and so I was able to look down and see it and remember my grandparents while I was there. I felt their love while I was in the temple and especially the celestial room. While I was sitting, and listening, and thinking my thoughts turned to "I wonder what Grandma and Grandpa are doing right now? and in that instant I had an overwhelming feeling that they are happy. I clearly felt and sensed Grandpa there, literally dancing with Grandma, with all his personality letting me know that I need to strive to do all that I can to make it there someday.

This is a picture of the entire Evans family after the funeral. ( Sorry, but you can't make it bigger to see it better.)

This is my Grandma's testimony that was written in 1999 before her forgetfulness started.

A Testimony By Hazel Dawn Evans

"I am surely thankful for my children and for the love and concern they show us. I am so proud of them. I love my dear husband, Arthur B. "Cherry" Evans. "I want you to know that a personal testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most important and greatest treasure you could have. "I hope and pray you will stay close to the church, I know that God lives, that he hears and answers our prayers. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the blessing we receive when we are faithful and do those things we know we should. Your happiness is my first concern and I am so thankful for the church and its teachings, for the help it gives me in guiding you and teaching correct principles. Always be humble and prayerful. You should be very proud of your pioneer heritage. You come from line of out standing people on both sides of our family. Men and women who gave up everything they had to come to America and accept the Gospel. I feel like it is a special blessing and privilege to be born into the church having Parents and Grand parents that are devoted Latter Day Saints and from them has come to us a heritage worth much more than earthly wealth. I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet, Seer, and Revelator. That he restored the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Saints and to the World. It is great to see the Church grow so fast. We are thankful for our Grandchildren who have served in the missionary program. May we all stay faithful to the Gospel. I am very proud of you and I pray that the Lord will be with you and lead and guide you in the paths of righteousness.I love my Children, Grandchildren, and Great-grandchildren very much…you are my pride and life.

1 comment:

Oveson's said...

what a sweet testimony!!! Looks like the day was a very nice one!!