Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, Grandpa Evans!


Today is my Grandpa's 91st Birthday! As I thought about him this morning I wish I could be in Parowan to hug him and tell him how much I love him. Grandpa, along with Grandma, are incredible people. Everyone who knows him loves him. I have many great memories of him. I remember loving to sit on his lap so that I could play with his cool gun tie tack. I remember the time that we went on a big family vacation with Yellowstone and how Grandpa loved to talk into the walkie-talkies to all the other cars following him. Grandpa is the head of our family and his legacy lives on in each of us. From Grandpa Evans we all have learned to work hard, to take a joke and occasionally give a joke, and he has taught by his example how important church and family are. We just want to wish our Grandpa Evans a big Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

I remember Grandpa's tie tack too the one with gun and the holster? He is so great! Cute picture of them I wish you could have come to Parowan too we would love to see you!

galbraith's said...

the cake frosting is acutally fondant and i did make the cake from scracth- it was a devils food cake reciepe i got out of a betty crocker cook book. if you are going to use icing on your cake just freeze your cake first and then frost, it makes the cake firm and easier to frost. hope that helps, good luck! Post a picture of your cake i would love to see how it turns out!