Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Our Little All American Girl

Last week we took Ciara to the mall and got her ears pierced! Yes, I know that she is only 20 months old, but she looks so cute with them pierced. When we were talking about what to do over the weekend Seth suggested we walk around the mall. We haven’t been there for awhile. So I said lets take Ciara to get her ears pierced. Seth said sure. Then I put the idea out of my mind. But when we got to the mall Seth said lets go over to Claire’s so Ciara can get her ears pierced. That is when the mother in me kicked in and had a lot of doubts about getting it done. But with some coaxing I talked to the manager of Claire’s and decided that she is at a good age to get it done. I don’t like seeing babies with their ears done but now that Ciara wears dresses and I curl her hair I thought she would be adorable, and she is! They look so sweet and girly.




Ciara did amazing. She didn’t like the girls getting closer to her and cleaning her ears more than she did getting them actually pierced. The girls were amazed about how little she cried. And going to the puppy shop next door completely made her forget about what had happened.

Our little Ciara is our little angel. Whenever I hear the song All-American Girl by Carrie Underwood I just smile.

“And now he's wrapped around her finger, She's the center of his whole world. And his heart belongs to that sweet little beautiful, wonderful, perfect All-American Girl.”

That song reminds me of Ciara. Our little girl loves to drive trucks for Ethan, kick the soccer ball, hit the ball off the tee, and play in the sand box. But she also loves to wrap up her baby girls, carry around purses, wear dresses, and loves to get her hair done. She makes sure I remember to but a bow in her hair each day.

I love being a mom to an enthusiastic, fun loving, and energetic little boy who makes me so happy each day. And being a mom to Ciara has been so much fun. We are best friends, and she is so sweet and loving!



4 comments:

Oveson's said...

Wow you are so brave. I don't think that I could do it. She dose look really cute though. That is awesome that Seth was for it as well. She looks adorable.

Rae-Rae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rae-Rae said...

Sorry about that last comment. I revealed too much about myself. Ciara looks adorable. Crystal and Seth you are the best parents, and you are great Americans. What you write on this blog about your family is beautiful and it reveals the wonderful and loving parents that you are.

The Porters said...

Cute family, Crystal! That is pretty brave of you to let her get her ears pierced! She is so adorable, and I can't believe she is almost 2!