After his game we all went to the local rec center to go swimming. The weather was pretty cool this weekend so we went to an indoor pool. Both Ethan and Ciara love playing in the pool. Ethan loves to swim with his Dad and going down the slide. Ciara loves the geysers and thinks that she is as big as Ethan and can follow him anywhere that he goes. She sometimes forgets that she is only 18 months old.
On Sunday we all went to church. I took pictures of the kids in their Sunday clothes. Ethan and Ciara are best friends. They love playing with each other and get along so great. Ethan is so nice and considerate to Ciara, he is always thinking of her and including her in the things he does. He gets her snacks and juice boxes, when he is playing trucks he always finds one for her, and always wants Ciara to go play outside or in his room with her. We have been very lucky to have such great kids. From the moment Ethan came and saw Ciara and me in the hospital he loved her and we have had no problems with them. It is so great because we have said nothing or done nothing to promote this love and friendship, it is just the way they are.
On Monday, as a family, we climbed the castle rock mountain. It is a fairly easy hike, Ethan did it the whole way himself, and it has an amazing view. We all had fun hiking it together. Since the weather was cool and dreary we went camping in our back yard. My parents gave us a fire pit for our backyard last year and so we built a fire and made s’mores.
Our other big weekend adventure was painting my upstairs hall way. We faux painted my downstairs last month and we had extra paint left over and so we did my hallway. I love how it looks; it is so easy, and quite fun. I think that it is my new favorite hobby. It looks so much better than just straight paint.
We did a lot this weekend, and had so much fun spending the time together as a family.

















7 comments:
Hi Crystal, Your family blog is wonderful. I love reading it. Please tell Ethan and Ciara Grandpa Baker sees their pictures. Love, Grandpa B.
Looks like you all had some great adventures. We might have to come down to your neck of the woods and go hiking some time. That is awesome. By the way the way that the tree lives here is very carfully. I have to give it sunlight in the summer but for most of the time it is indoors. But I love LOVE it. It is 100 times better then flowers because it is blooming all of the time. Even if I do kill it, it will have paied for itself because it has bloomed so many times. I am pretty sure that I can keep it alive though because there is a lady in the ward that has a bunch of them and she has kept them alive here in colorado. Go figure who knew that you could have a piece of paridise in your frount room. By the way I love the sunday photos. Did you make her bow?? You are amazing!!
jaron is already talking about mrs cathy's preschool next year and can't wait to go! looks like you guys had a fun memorial weekend! we will be at the grange this year (a lot) hopefully we will see you guy there!
What rec center was it that you went to? Did you ever get my soccer pictures of Ethan? Love the faux painting upstairs.
I love all the pictures! So cute looks like lots of fun! It was so fun to see your mom and dad! I wish we could have spent more time with them! And your Mom brought Madden2 super cute outfits that I love!
Great pics!! It sounds like you had a great weekend. I love the paint job!
Welcome to the world of blogging!! Sorry it has taken me awhile to get to your blog, but I haven't been on the computer much. All of your pictures are darling and it sure looks like you have been keeping busy! We need to get together for sure. I mean, I live right behind you and I never see you guys! Have you been going to the Grange? We go all the time, so give me a call and let's go!
Post a Comment