Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ethan's Big Race

Ethan ran a marathon! Ethan joined the running club at the elementary school where they meet three days a week before school and ran 1.25 miles each time. They ran so many miles that it equalled a marathon! The best part was that the final mile that they ran was an official race at Eliche's where they had a start line, a finish line, running numbers, and medals after they were done. It was so much fun to see Ethan run in his first race.

Before the race


 Seth would get up with Ethan and take him to the school to run. Most mornings Seth ran with him and so they also let him run the last mile with Ethan.

Warming up in line

 About to begin
Cute little Ciara with the poster I made for Ethan. She was so excited to be the cheerleader.



 Almost done! Ethan has turned into a great runner. Seth wold say he was one of the faster kids and would beat a lot of the older kids in the mornings. I have even taken him to run with me some mornings and he runs the whole time and I even have to try to keep up with him. I am so glad that he enjoys doing something that Seth and I like to do and that we can do it all together.
 All done!!! Way to go Ethan!
 The medal he got, they are actually pretty cool and Ethan thinks it is AWESOME and I had to make him take it off!

 We had to get pictures of him at the finish line.


 Ethan and his running buddy Sean with their PE teacher who was in charge of the running club.

 Our family
 Just waiting for Ethan to be done. I am amazed at how well Ciara does in just waiting and being patient. It doesn't even bother her that she isn't the center of attention or can't do the things that Ethan can do. She already supports him and cheers for him and gets excited for him and thinks Ethan is just plain awesome. She was such a good girl that morning!
The first matching outfit that I have bought my girls and I thought today would be the perfect day to show them off and I think that they just looked adorable! I will be doing this more often.


1 comment:

Graham said...

That is awesome! I'm so proud of your little guy!!! I wish we had a running club at our school! That's wonderful!!! (Cara-signed in with my hubbby's account)