Monday, February 2, 2009

Bowling Fun

On Saturday we went bowling as a family. Seth worked a lot last week and so we wanted to do something fun all together. We decided to go bowling since it has been years since we have gone. And it was fun! Ethan thought it was soo cool! Both Ethan and Ciara were enthralled with the neon lights and excitement of the bowling alley, and Ethan was thrilled to have to change into real bowling shoes!

Ethan did really well. He learned how to put his fingers in the right holes and then throw the ball down the lane. He even bowled a spare by himself. I think that he thought he was so big to be able to do it himself. I was impressed that he got the concept so fast. After we finished three games he told me that bowling is the best ever and he wants to do it again!

Ciara rolled the ball once and it stopped in the middle of the lane and we had to go get it. But she was perfectly content after that to sit eating a cup of ice and getting her hair blown up from the ball machine!

Seth and I played three games. He won the first and I won the second. So we had to play one more and, guess what?, I actually won by three points, thanks to the bumpers we had up for Ethan! Yeah! But we had a great time doing something we never do! I loved spending time together and seeing my children have fun!

2 comments:

Oveson's said...

Yea for good times with daddys....dont you love tax season it is my favorite time of the year...ok so can you hear the sarcasim in my voice?? hehe Looks like you guys had a great time!! :D

Dena Hicks said...

How fun!! Looks like everyone had a great time. I am proud of you for beating Seth (he, he).