Monday, February 16, 2009

Our Valentine's Weekend

We have been celebrating Valentine's Day all weekend long! It actually started last Monday night for Family Home Evening. We made count down to Valentine's day chains with the kids. Ethan loves being able to take one ff every day, and he always remembers each morning. Plus, it is a great way to work on counting and math skills. I also made a cute Valentine's family matching game. I cut out red and purple hearts. On the red hearts I glued on three pictures of each family member, and then on the purple hearts I glued on different activities or things that describe each person. Then we played memory as we matched the correct activity with the right person. The kids loved playing this!
Our Countdown Chains

Our Matching Game

Then on Thursday Ethan had his preschool Valentines party. I am not quite sure but he was so excited to get up and go. I bought him a new red shirt to wear and we made these cute Valentines for his class. I got a little shovel and a bag of candy and then wrote a note " I DIG U" on it. It wasn't my idea but I thought they turned out darling! Ethan made a mail truck to carry home all his Valentines in. I can't even tell you how excited he was over the little pieces of papers (valentines) that he got from his classmates. It made his whole day!

Then Friday night Seth and I went to our Stake's annual sweetheart dance. It was a fun night. It was a Chinese theme, and it was decorated spectacular! I can't not believe the detail that they went into to decorating the church, if you want to see some pictures go here. It was a lot of fun to get dressed up, leave the kids with Casey and Brynn, and be together having dinner and dancing! It was a fun night!

Then Saturday as LOVE Day! Ethan's countdown was all done and he went to bed anticipating Cupid, the Valentine Fairy, to come to our house. I had bought a bunch of valentine table decorations from the dollar store and had decorated the table for when the kids woke up. Then Cupid had put a valentine basket for everyone on the table.

Ethan's Valentine Basket


Seth's Valentine Surprises

Ciara's Valentine Basket

And look at what Cupid left for me!

Cupid brought Ethan real Monster trucks, Monster Mutt and Donkey Kong, he was a thrilled little boy! Cupid brought Ciara a baby doll and she was equally happy! And lots and lots of chocolate for everyone. And my sweetheart bought me very cute running shoes that he picked out by himself and a new new sports bra! I needed one. Also, he signed up both of us to run in a St. Patricks Day 5 K run! He is so sweet to me!


Here are Ethan's and Ciara's Valentine Day Pictures!

My Cute Little Love Bugs!

Then for dinner we stayed home and made our own personal pizzas. The kids loved being able to put whatever they want on theirs. We sure had a lot of fun all together in the kitchen.



Ethan's finished product.

After dinner Seth and Ciara played the matching Diego game. It is the only game Ciara wants to play and we have to play it over and over. She is relentless and will not back down until she plays it. I am not kidding when I say we have played it at least a hundred times! Ethan helped me make a Valentine 's day cake.


Then we all snuggled and watched a Charlie Brown's Valentine on t.v.! It was a wonderful Valentine's day spent with the ones that I love the most. Hopefully we created some really good memories and traditions with each other.

Here is Ciara in her Valentine's dress for church on Sunday!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Ok you are awesome!!!!! I think you do such cute fun things with your kids! I did nothing for anyone!!!! I'm a poop! I drove up to see Grandma and she insn't doing very good! And then drove back down on Saturday night so that we could be to church in time for Tayton to give a talk in Primary and for me to teach my lesson! I need to be a better Mom like you!

Melissa said...

What cute ideas! Thanks for sharing. I love Ciara's Valentine dress. She is such a cutie!! I'm glad ya'll had such a great Valentine's weekend.