Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Fantastic Football Fall Day


Today we drove to Colorado Springs to watch BYU vs Air Force football. It was perfect football weather. It was sunny and warm but you still needed sweaters, truly a beautiful Colorado fall day! I think that there were as many BYU fans as there were Air Force fans, and we saw many people from our ward there too!




Ethan was so excited to be going to a football game. He was so excited as we passed the big fighter jet that the Academy has at their entrance. He loved getting hot dogs and popcorn. Ciara loved playing on the bleachers and loved trying to find the mascots on the field. I loved being able to spend the day together as a family, and Seth loved being at a real football team watching BYU win.



Before the game there were 6 parachuters that jumped from a plane and landed on the field. It was awesome! When they first jumped they had this red smoke behind them so that you could see them better. Ethan and Ciara were fascinated by them. It was so neat to see how they all fell and landed so perfectly on the field.



This is right after the BYU players ran onto the field. You can see the cheerleaders waving BYU flags.

Then right before the game three fighter jets flew over the stadium. Now, this was the best part of the game. We could hear the jets well before we saw them. They flew right across the stadium, straight up, and then out of sight. They were loud, fast, and pretty cool. I think they were a little intimidating for Ethan because of how loud and close they were.


It was a great game with BYU winning by two touchdowns. It was neat to be there and to cheer and to be excited for the team.

Then when we got home I made a chocolate cake for Sunday dinner tomorrow and the kids had to lick the spoons. They loved it so much that I had to strip off their clothes after they were done!


This caused Ciara to go up to her room and to bring down several new sets of clothes that she insisted that I put on her. I never thought this stage could come so early. She loves to dress up, change her clothes, and look pretty. I don't know if that makes me happy that she loves to be a girly girl or sad that I will now be busy constantly changing her!


Ethan also had to show off his big strong muscles! His latest saying is that when he grows up he is going to be just like his Dad!

Ciara loves baby dolls and while Ethan and I were watching The Wizard of OZ on T.V. Ciara changed, wrapped, feed, and loved her baby! Here are some pictures of her playing so I can always remember her like this.





After a full and fun day the kids played in the bathtub. They have way too much fun together in the water. That is just one of our fun filled days this fall, we hope to have many more!

4 comments:

Degns Of Our Lives said...

We are jealous of you guys! What an awesome game. Cute kids!

Dena Hicks said...

Looks like you guys had a great day. Your kids are so cute. We are so lucky to have you guys as our friends!!

Stacia said...

Wow how much fun! I love all your pictures. That game looks like it was really neat! Your Mom is doing so good with Grandma I know she misses all of you!

Oveson's said...

So fun!! I had some people in our ward that went to that same game and said it was a fantastic game....love the chocolate faces!!!