Monday, September 29, 2008

The Hinckley Challenge

Seth and I are taking on the challenge of reading the Book of Mormon in 97 days. If you would like to be part of the challenge go to http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/, and sign up. But hurry the challenge begins on October 1st. I will be posting how well Seth and I are doing on the blog so you can keep track with us too!

This challenge was created right after President Hinckley's death to remember him and the great blessing that he promised us if we would only read it. So I decided to take the challenge last February and I completed it! It was such a blessing to me and to my family. For three months I read the Book of Mormon from cover to cover. I understood the story line better then I ever have. I made sure that I set aside time to think, ponder, pray, and feel the spirit each day so I would complete in time. It was one of the best times in my life. I miss the feeling that I had when I so diligently read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. I am so excited to begin the challenge again and draw closer to my Heavenly Father. I am also glad that Seth signed up and wants to do this with me. I know that we will be blessed for doing something that we should already be doing.

At times like this with so many troubles and problems in the world surrounding us Heavenly Father is the only thing we can depend on and trust. I know that when we strive to do what is right and do all we can to return to live with Him then He is going to bless us. He will watch over and protect us, and though there may be hard times and struggles He will be there for us. I know that to be true.

So with that I take this challenge and challenge everyone else to take it too!!!!!!!

No comments: