Monday, March 24, 2014

An Amazing Trip- New York City

So after driving from Washington DC to New York we stayed with a family friend, Florence, that night. The next morning we woke up and headed into the city. We took the train in and we were all exhausted!

But we were so excited to actually see New York City!


Our first stop was to the 9/11 Memorial. Here is the new World Trade Center that they are building.


Walking the streets of New York


Then we saw the memorial. The pools are pretty spectacular.



The tree behind us is pretty cool. It lived after the towers fell, it was planted in a park but the wind uprooted it, and then it was planted at the memorial. It survived after all that. Pretty cool story!


This cemetery is in front of the church that a lot of the first responders would go into to rest.


It was very cool to see all the massive buildings, street after street. 


I loved the old churches that we got to see and go in. Here is one that George Washington would worship in.




Then we walked down and saw the New York Stock Exchange.



Then we got on the Stanton Island Ferry so that we could see the Statue of Liberty. That is Manhattan in the background.



a cute little tug boat.


Sadly by camera lens broke after I took this picture so I don't have any pictures of our visit to Time Square. 

We went home the next day. It was an amazing trip that I was able to go on with Ethan and Ciara and my parents. I was so excited to see Seth, Bella, and Jonathan. They did great while we were gone, but it was sure fun to be all together again!


1 comment:

Stacia said...

Oh no!!! That is so sad about your camera! Looks like you had so much fun. I'm so happy you got to come out here and visit!