Sunday, February 9, 2014

An Amazing Trip- Washington DC

After Philadelphia we headed down to Washington DC so Laren could run his Marathon and I run a 10K. While Laren and I waited in line to get our race packets my parents took Ethan and Ciara to the Smithsonian Museums.






After race check-in I meet up with my parents and kids at the Mall and we did some touring.


We first headed over to the Capital Building but just missed the last tour of the day. 


The workmanship on it is incredible!


The Washington Monument is behind the kiddos and they were working on it so there was scaffolding up the entire thing.



Then, we got to see the White House



Then we headed over to the Lincoln Memorial.



I love it!


As we left the Lincoln it was getting dark and we could see the Washington lit up. So I took pictures of the kids. The kids look cute even though you can't see what is behind them.




After dinner as we headed back to the hotel we stopped to see the Washington DC temple. This is where Seth took out his endowments and where my Dad went after his mission to England. It is a gorgeous temple.


I loved the stained glass.



It was a very busy and long but nice day!


No comments: