Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

We had a great Father's Day Weekend! On Friday was my Dad's 55th birthday so to celebrate it along with Father's Day we decided to go camping! It turned out to be so much fun!


We packed up and headed out to beautiful Turquoise Lake in Leadville early Friday morning. Our car was packed to the max! It was a lot of work to pack for a camping trip I felt like I packed up my entire house!

Seth and Ethan did a little fishing as the rest of my family got there and got set up. We then had a birthday dinner and party for my dad. I came up with 55 words that describes my dad and then Casey and Brynn and I found items that represented the words that described him. For example- My dad protects our family so we got him sunblock, or my dad is powerful so we got him Powerade. It was fun to put together the basket for him. He is our Hero and so we got him superhero action figures!


Then Saturday was a little cool and drizzled all morning. We all tried to go fishing again and it seemed like everybody around us were catching fish but not us! We got nothing! Oh Well! Then it started raining and we packed up the entire campsite in the rain and headed home.

I then spent the evening emptying out coolers and washing smoke filled clothes and blankets. Even though we had a blast camping and the kids did great, I was glad to be showered and sleeping in my bed on Saturday night! I just think there are more camping trips in our future this summer!

Sunday was Father's Day and it was nice to celebrate the Dad's in my life. Poor Seth had to make his own Father's Day breakfast. I had bought all the things but we have early church so he cooked it while I got ready and then we all ate together! Seth is a great father to our kids, and they love being with him. He always makes it a point to spend lots of time with them, and Ethan and Seth are best buddies. I am grateful that I married someone who loves being a Dad!

My Dad is and always has been an amazing father and grandfather to me and my family. I feel so blessed to have a Dad that is truly a strength and an example to me in so many ways.

3 comments:

Erin Ann said...

I sure do love your dad too...he's a wonderful man. Everyone looks great and so happy!! Let us know your next camping trip and we'll tag along!! Maybe we can help with the laundry afterwards too...that's always the worst part!

Casey and Brynn said...

Fun! The group picture turned out pretty good actually...all things considered. And I like the picture of Fayth and Ciara.

Oveson's said...

How fun!! Happy Fathers Day!!