Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ciara Lou Who


Last Saturday night was our ward party. The theme this year was taken from "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas". I have had lots of people tell me that Ciara looks like Cindy Lou Who from the movie. So I decided to go all out and make her look the part for the party.

I was able to find a perfect Christmas dress at Goodwill for $3, and then we watched the movie many, many times to get her hair just right. Ciara loved sitting there having me try to get her hair right just as much as I had fun doing it. I think in the end she looked perfect, and oh so adorable!



Ethan thought Ciara was so cute all dressed up. Whenever we would watch the movie and Cindy Lou Who came on Ethan would keep saying that was Ciara. So he was so excited that we made him be the brother of Cindy Lou Who.


Seth had to work that night so my parents came down and went to the party with us. It was a fun night. After dinner they read the story "A Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and then the Grinch visited. So, I just had to get a picture with my Ciara Lou Who and the Grinch. Ciara did really well for sitting on the lap of a big green monster! Then the kids were able to sit on Santa's lap yet again and then we went home. It was a fun Christmas Party!







Sunday was my birthday. I took some pictures of the kids before church. They are getting so excited for Christmas and that excitement fills the house everyday.

After church we went over to my parents house for a birthday party. My mom made my favorite dinner, got me a cute snowman cake, and then I opened lost of great presents. I got a hair straightener, new hair curlers, perfume, cute clothes, and house decorations! Then on Monday Seth took me out to dinner and to watch Twilight, which I loved! It was a wonderful birthday!!!


7 comments:

Degns Of Our Lives said...

Happy Birthday!! Isn't Twilight wonderful?!?! Ciara looked adorable! I enjoy your blog!

Dena Hicks said...

Ciara looked so darn cute. You did a great job making both kids look like the movie characters!

Casey and Brynn said...

Nice job on the hair! Perfect!

Suzanne said...

I love this post. You can do anything with those two hands of yours. You truly are one who can have a picture in your mind and make it materialize. I don't know how you got her hair to do that!! LOL!

Oveson's said...

Happy birthday girl!!! Sounds like you had a great one!! :D By the way love the Cindy...she is so cute.

Heidi said...

Ok so first of all, Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous day! I love Ciara's hair!! Simply amazing, great job! And small world, a family that moved from your ward has moved into my parents' ward here in Alabama... the Byingtons?

Katie said...

Ha! Cute hair! What cute kids you have!